Ticker

Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Chocolate Mousse Diet??

I am a Clean Eater, hear me ROAR. Or, watch me shrink? Or be healthy and peppy, and obnoxiously optimistic???

Even a veggie eating freak needs a treat here and there, right? So mine is usually scheduled for Wednesday night when one of the ladies in my group brings a dessert to share. Last night, I was the chef, and I am glad to state that I will not be doing that again for a very long time!

I made a chocolate mousse pie. During the process I probably ate about half a serving just by licking various cooking apparatuses. (Aparati?) Note to self: cook with fewer utensils and bowls and notice how much less you must clean up with your tongue as you work.

It was a lovely creation/heart attack in a pie plate, and the ladies loved it. I had a slice and ate all but one bite of it. I normally never do that, but I was proving a point to myself; I do not have to be a card-carrying member of the Clean Plate Club.

By the time I got home I felt sick. Almost throw-up sick. I couldn't force down my daily salad because I felt so sick, so I went to bed, and decided I'm not making that again, and I may need to cut my weekly dessert portion down even smaller, if I even have one. What's the sense in enjoying five minutes of a sweet, creamy taste, if I'm going to feel so nasty afterward?

So what did the scale have to say about my affair with the mousse??????? I lost that last pound, and I saw an 8 on the tens place, WOOOOHOOOO!!!! I'm in the 180's, I'm in the 180's. I'd be cheering this around my house loudly and wildly, if I weren't trying so hard NOT to give my young daughters a body-weight complex.

Do I credit the mousse with my loss? Heck no. It was all that salad I ate last week :)

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! I am so happy for you! It's been a real struggle for me this past week because my scale's broken. So, I've gone from barely eating to wolfing down stuff, and not knowing the results! I can totally relate to you protecting your girls from an unhealthy focus on body image. I have two of my own in that precarious age: 9 and 12. But, excellent job to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!! Isn't it funny how we can eat a special treat, something that isn't "diet food", yet lose. I often say that if I can ever figure this weight loss stuff out, I will be a millionaire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gal has to have a bit of *nice* every now and again..hence the lost...I agree, its the mouse!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that made you feel poorly! If it had raw eggs in it then perhaps that's what made you feel so bad on top of just the richness of it.

    I'm glad you had a loss!! That it just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know...I made a delicious raw chocolate mousse with dates and avocados and cacao and cashews and vanilla extract...and it tasted JUST LIKE mousse. Email me if you'd like the recipe ;)
    BODA weight loss

    ReplyDelete