Ticker

Friday, April 2, 2010

They LIE!!!

Aerobics instructors, that is.

I just joined a new gym in our area (LA Fitness). Well, it's new to our area, anyway! And I started out by attending the Body Works class. This is a class that uses weights throughout the session to tone various muscles. The instructors are trained by evil, evil people. So, when instructed to use a heavy weight, you should really reach for the medium weight, for example. At one point in the workout, I had to drop my little 2.5 lb weight because my shoulder muscles were screaming for mercy.

The next day, I took a Step class with abs. It's been at least 10 years since I've done one of the these classes, and fortunately, not a whole lot has changed. But there were moments when I literally laughed as I watched the entire class do some combination off of Broadway while I looked on as a spectator rather than participant.

Today? There's not one single task I can do without hurting. Peeing, petting the cat, blinking...it all hurts. Strangely, eating is no problem :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I can relate! I can't do aerobics anymore b/c of my knee, but I do exercise at my local gym - weights, cardio machines, floor exercises. Pain. Anyhow, it's all for the better good, right? By the way, I tried to answer your question on nutritional yeast flakes on my blog. I hope it helps. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, when I use to work out, I would be just fine until the next morning and then....I was crippled, and I relate...peeing, petting the cat and blinking... it hurts, and yes, eating was never an issue for me either...
    I laughed so hard when I read that!

    ReplyDelete