Ticker

Sunday, June 13, 2010

I'm Just Overweight!!

I'm a cheering maniac today!!!

I finally hit the 160's after waiting for what felt like an eternity to do so. If you look at my BMI tracker, you'll see I am also officially overweight, rather than obese. I never thought I'd be happy to be overweight, but considering the alternative right now, I'll take it!

Also, today I completed a 40 minute incline/jogging program on my treadmill. It's the toughest one the machine offers, and a couple of months ago I tried it and had to quit about ten minutes in. Today? Finished with flying colors, drenched in sweat. It felt so good to know that I've made progress, cardio-wise. I know it helps that I'm lugging a bit less weight up that 10% incline, but still I can see my hard work paying off!

Finally, I'm having a hard time taking compliments. I actually rolled my eyes at the sweetest friend at church today, when she walked by and told me that I, "look[ed] really good". I felt so bad, I walked right back to her and apologized. She didn't even realize what I'd done, and totally understood. But it emphasized my problem with praise.

I know things are better. I know, compared to Frump Mama that I was prior to these last several months, things have gotten better, and an hourglass is starting to emerge. BUT, I know I'm not done. I still have a good chunk to lose, and that is probably where my unwillingness to acknowledge compliments originates. I suppose I must work on this...

Finally, a question for you healthy-eating bloggers: what are your thoughts on the Vitatops/Vitamuffins. Do you buy a mix and make your own, or buy them in the store? I'm new to the Vita scene, and have enjoyed them so far, but they are so pricey. I'm may experiment with a recipe of my own and see what I come up with.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats girl! That's a fabulous accomplishment! I buy the Vitamuffins that are premade. I love those things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!
    here's hoping you are still cheering....

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Congrats on just being overweight. I'm so sick of my Wii say "that's OBESE."

    I recently picked up the Vitatops at the supermarket but haven't tried them yet. I try not to have too many snack foods in the house. It's dangerous for me.

    ReplyDelete