So I have a protein bar dilemma that I was hoping one of you might be able to help me solve.
I'm picky. Not with most nutritious foods, mind you. But with what I'll probably eat on a daily basis, I need to be selective. I am a protein bar junky- meaning, I eat one for most breakfasts. It's easy, and cranky-hungry-must-eat-now me, can handle unwrapping a bar, first thing, rather than whipping up some gourmet and healthy breakfast that I know many of you do on a regular basis. I'm just not there yet. Hence, my reliance on protein bars. Plus, I'm a night owl, so when I'm running late in the morning (which is usually the case) I can easily grab a bar on my way out the door, and eat it in the car. Try doing that with your gourmet breakfast, would ya?
Anyhoo, I do have standards:
- It can't taste too much like dog poo
- It can't be soy-based (if it has a little soy protein, fine, but the main protein should be something else)
- It can't be sugar-laden
- It can't have artificial sweeteners. I'm okay with a little sugar alcohol, or chicory root extract.
- It should have close to 20 grams of protein
- It should have some fiber
- It shouldn't be over 250 calories, or so
- It shouldn't have artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.
So, I said I was picky.
Know of anything that fits these criteria??? I would be so very grateful for your input!